MDM - Measurement Data Management and Simulation with MATLAB
IPEcloud MDM is a powerful measurement data management platform for data loggers and test benches. The platform can process large data sets from test vehicle fleets and test benches to generate statistics and reports based on MATLAB computational functions. This application can be hosted on-site or in a dedicated customer cloud environment.
Data processing with MATLAB scripts
IPEcloud MDM is designed to subject measurement data from large fleets or test benches to systematic folder structure, data processing and analysis. Data processing is primarily done with MATLAB scripts. Developers can embed their existing MATLAB functions in the platform, creating considerable synergies in the creation of their evaluation routines.
Hardware and data format independent
The system is hardware-independent and can process measurement data from various measurement and data logging systems. A large library of data drivers is available via the import interface. The imported data is converted to TDMS format by default. The raw data is also retained.
Processing & Tagging of the Data
The imported raw data is fed to the data processing via the project-specific configuration. Via the MATLAB scripts, the user has many possibilities to customise and fully automate his processing routines, e.g:
- Store standard names
- Convert units & scaling
- Split / merge files
- Mark alarm events
- Generate reports
During processing, calculations are also carried out and all events of particular interest are marked via tags. The tags and metadata are stored in an SQL database and are later available for quick data searches.
Evaluation & Search
Extensive search functions are available to the user. One can search in the workspace of raw data, processed data, events and reports. The filtered data can be exported from the MDM platform at any time for individual, local analyses and simulations.
IPEcloud MDM is developed and distributed together with EUtech Scientific Engineering from Germany.
IPEcloud MDM - Options for the Use of Measurement Data
The IPEcloud MDM platform has many features with which measurement data can be further processed. Basic functions are the marking of events of particular interest and the possibility of structured file storage. In addition, the platform offers more advanced functions:
Recognition of Profiles
Profiles and classifications can be easily created from the data and trends can be recognised.
The possibility of creating evaluations according to standardised processes allows reproducible and person-independent results to be achieved.
With the option of incorporating current field data into the simulation, pre-development models can always be updated.
With IPEcloud MDM, the system can be monitored over time. The dashboards and key figures save a lot of time when evaluating the data.
Proactive maintenance can be mapped from the field data.
The complete automation of data processing reduces manual intervention to a minimum. This leaves more time for data interpretation.
Web Portal for Fleet Testing
The IPEcloud is ideally suited for quickly obtaining an overall view of all loggers in use, e.g. within a vehicle fleet, without getting "lost" in the details of individual measurement files. In the IPEcloud, the user can view the system status of the data loggers graphically. The incoming measurement data can also be provided with limit value monitoring.
Handling large Data Volumes securely and quickly
A traffic light display provides a quick overview of the extent to which the selected measuring channels are within the permissible range. An e-mail alert function is available in the event of limit violations, while an entire fleet of vehicles and loggers can be grouped with the associated standard reporting module. Also available is a consolidated overall view of key fleet metrics, such as km driven or pending measurement file transfers. With IPEcloud, the incoming measurement data can be converted into a desired data format and made available for download via a file archive. IPEcloud can be accessed directly from IPEmotion in order to evaluate the measurement data from the cloud on the PC.
Components of IPEcloud
Mailbox for managing logger e-mails and alarm notifications.
- The filter and forwarding function enables targeted distribution of the e-mails to recipients or groups of recipients.
- Alarm and logger notifications automatically reach only the predefined recipients.
- No need for manual forwarding or unnecessarily high e-mail volumes
Providing storage space for managing the transferred measurement files, system files and measurement configurations.
- Direct access to all transferred measurement and system files.
- Incoming measurement files can be automatically converted into different data formats such as CSV, DIAdem, MDF4, Traffic, ASCII
- Storage of new measurement configurations for updating the measurement tasks on the data logger
- Automated evaluation and PDF reporting
Fleet Management Tool with numerous Monitoring Functions
- Map View with GPS Position Recording of the Distance travelled as well as Display of the current Vehicle/Logger Location
- Recording of Date and Time of the last Upload and File Transfer of a Logger
- Individually configurable Treshold Values of various Channels
- Traffic Light Indicator of the Configuration Status
- Red: Measured Values exceed or fall below a defined Limit
- Green: Measured Values are within a desired Range
- E-mail Alarm Function for each monitored Status for detailed view with min, max and statistic Figures
- Detailed View with min-/max-statistic Key Figures
The overall System Status of the Logger can be monitored here. The Display of the Information can be set individually. The following Data, among others, are available:
- Logger Model and Serial Number
- Version and Firmware Status of FPGA, PIC and TESTdrive/IPEmotionRT
- Name of the Measurement Configuration
- XCP and CCP Communication Status to the controller
- Status of A2L Version Comparison (EPK check)
- Serial Number and Firmware Version of Extender Devices, e.g. of the FlexRay Extender
- Number of the transmitted Measurement File
- Date, Time and Duration of the Measurement