Specification Development Support
In the development of passenger cars, testable vehicle prototypes are generally only available in the further course of the overall development period. Test specifications are therefore required for the new components and assemblies to be developed, which can be used independently of the vehicle on test rigs.
The targeting of such specifications is critical to the quality of the design level achievable in advance of all vehicle testing.
- Determination of acoustic behavior/limit values in the target vehicle
- Tracing of the transmission chains, starting from the target noise in the vehicle via the evaluation of
sensitivities of the transmission behavior up to the permissible excitation by the power unit /
validation by analyses of available measurement data or via simulation
- Definition of a set-up on the power unit test bench with vibro-acoustic measured variables at all
relevant interfaces between power unit and vehicle (dyn. forces, vibrations, gas dynamics/pulsation,
airborne noise) incl. customer-relevant operating conditions
- Pilot test series with units from predecessor vehicles to verify / optimize the new specification
- Final definition of test specification and limits after first application to new test items
Add to notelist