Application note for M-LOG V3
A well-known german automobile manufacturer has used IPETRONIK data loggers for the validation of power train control units for many years. As central unit, the data loggers collect the necessary measuring data for the divisions engine and gear control units. The collected data are transferred to the central database servers via Wi-Fi and modem and then analyzed. The vehicle fleet includes models equipped with gasoline as well as diesel engines.
The OEM wants to use IPETRONIK data loggers to check the power train control units of all models in series production. The vehicles of the pre-series and series are tested by employees and test drivers either in fleet operation or customer-oriented tests. The demands of the development department on the data logger are very high. Flexibility as well as continuous development and updates according to their future requirements have played a very important role in the customer’s supplier choice.
- Data acquisition of 4 to 8 CAN busses with access to different control units
- Versatile protocol measurement of XCP, CCP, FlexRay, OBD, etc.
- Long-distance data transmission via Wi-Fi and modem to the central database
- High reliability
- Execution of online calculations and classifications on the logger
- Implementation of customer requirements via a specific interface replicator for CAN busses
The manufacturer has used M-LOG and the latest generation M-LOG V3 for endurance tests of the power train control units for many years now. M-LOG supports a wide range of CAN and Ethernet protocols. Additional external analog and digital measurement points can be integrated with the M-module series. The COMgate module meets all requirements for long-distance data transmission. Due to the development of a specific port replicator, the integration into the vehicle bus network is optimized.
- Support of CAN protocols XCP, CCP, and OBD as well as the Ethernet protocol FlexRay
- Continuous data acquisition of approx. 2,000 control unit signals
- Data storage in more than 10 storage groups
- Triggered CAN traffic measurement for specified error frames
- Integration of GPS signals to determine position data
- Execution of online calculations and classification statistics